Yulia Skripal has given her first public statement since being poisoned along with her father in the Salisbury nerve agent attack.
They were found unconscious on a bench on March 4 in the centre of the city.
33-year-old Ms Skripal was in a coma for almost three weeks.
She was discharged from Salisbury District Hospital about five weeks after the incident.
“The fact that a nerve agent was used to do this is shocking” Skripal told Reuters in a statement.
“My life has been turned upside down.
“I woke to the news that we had both been poisoned.
“We are so lucky to have both survived this attempted assassination. Our recovery has been slow and extremely painful."
Skripal delivered a statement in Russian before providing further written comments in both Russian and English.
She declined to answer any questions.
Prime Minister Theresa May had earlier said it was "highly likely" Russia carried out the nerve agent attack.
Earlier this week the decontamination process at the scene was completed with shops in the area set to reopen.
Skripal also gave more information about her treatment at Salisbury District Hospital.
“I don’t want to describe the details but the clinical treatment was invasive, painful and depressing.
Her father was discharged from hospital on May 18.
At one point doctors feared both patients could have suffered brain damage but hospital staff said he is no longer in a critical condition.