An investigation has begun following the eighth deliberate attack on Peregrine falcons in Devon.Read the full story ›
The RSPCA is urging the public to report glue trap sellers, which are not illegal, but inhumane according to the animal charity.Read the full story ›
A baby swan has been rescued by an animal charity after being found with a plastic bag tightening around its neck.Read the full story ›
West Country hotel owners have raised concerns about the damaging impact of online let agencies like Airbnb to their local tourism board.Read the full story ›
The South West Coast Path has come out top in a survey of Britain's best-loved walks.
The footpath - which is England's longest - stretches for 630 miles, running from Minehead in Somerset, along the coasts of Devon and Cornwall, to Poole Harbour in Dorset.
The survey, carried out by National Express, polled 1,000 British walkers on their favourite routes.
The Lake District's Windermere Way came second, and Scotland's Great Glen Way, which offers panoramas of Loch Ness, was placed third.
List of the UK's Favourite Walks
- The South West Coast Path (Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and Dorset)
- Windermere Way (The Lake District, Cumbria)
- The Great Glen Way (Scottish Highlands)
- The South Downs Way (Hampshire and Sussex)
- Scafell Pike (The Lake District, Cumbria)
- Pembrokeshire Coast Path (Pembrokeshire)
- Hadrian's Wall Path (Tyne and Wear, Northumberland, Cumbria)
- The Coast to Coast (Cumbria and Yorkshire)
- Bournemouth's Coast Path (Dorset and Hampshire)
- The White Cliffs of Dover (Kent)
- The Lizard Peninsula Coastal Walk (Cornwall)
- The Cotswolds Way (Gloucestershire and Somerset)
- Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path (Suffolk and Norfolk)
- Yorkshire Wolds Way (Yorkshire)
- The Pennine Way (Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Northumberland, Scotland)
- Cannock Chase (Staffordshire)
- Bradgate Park (Leicestershire)
- London's Capital Ring (London)
- The Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail (Gloucestershire)
- The Three Peaks (Yorkshire)
Spread over 240 acres and welcoming up to 120,000 visitors, the Royal Cornwall Show is by far the county's biggest agricultural event.Read the full story ›
Dairy farmers from the West Country are calling for urgent support as record numbers are forced from the industry because of economic pressure.
In the last 20 years the number of farmers in the region has halved but a quarter of all jobs in Cornwall are still connected with agriculture and food, with the industry worth more than £189 million to the county's economy.
At the Royal Cornwall Show businessmen have been reflecting on the difficult times for the West Country's farmers. Jacquie Bird has been speaking to them
The Chough had disappeared from the Cornish landscape for decades but now there are more than forty of the birds living back in the county.Read the full story ›
The Royal Bath & West Show is home to the British Cheese Awards, which hosts over 800 British cheeses. But what makes an entry stand out?Read the full story ›
Breeders are concerned about the fate of one of Britain's most famous pig breeds as the number of litter producing sows halves in two years.Read the full story ›