- West Country (W)
- 1085 updates
Watch out for surface water on the roads this morning.
In Cornwall, the following roads are affected:
- B3359 at East Taphouse is just passable due to flooding near the A390 junction.
- Flooding also affecting the A3075 in Rejerrah near the turn for Mount.
- Surface water on the A30 at Drift. It's around the junction for the B3283. Mainly affecting the eastbound side of the A30.
The A382 at Bovey Tracey is closed both ways due to a burst water main.
This is at the Bovey Road junction.
There's a 30 minute wait at Torpoint, and it's 15 minutes at Devonport.
2 ferries are running.
The A361 eastbound is partially blocked due to an obstruction on the road around the junction for the A396 Heathcoat Way.
Approach with care. Police reporting either a crate or road sign in the road and has caused some damage to a number of vehicles already.
Beware of fog on the M5 in Devon between J31 (Exminster) and J27 (Tiverton).
Train passengers are being advised to check before they travel this weekend as Network Rail carry out essential track maintenance works throughout Devon and Cornwall.
Buses will replace trains from Exeter St Davids, Crediton and Barnstaple.
From Monday to Saturday next week, rail services between Exeter St Davids and Crediton will be hourly throughout the day with reduced services on mornings and evenings.
For the next two Sundays, a two hourly service will operate. On all days, customers will be served by bus services between Exeter to Barnstaple and Barnstaple to Exeter in the early mornings and late evenings.
This Sunday, only a revised timetable will be in operation between Plymouth and Penzance:
- Rail replacement buses will operate between Plymouth and St Austell (direct) and between Bodmin Parkway, Lostwithiel, Par and St Austell.
- A revised train service will be in operation between Truro and Falmouth Docks – to maintain connections at Truro with St Austell and Penzance services.
- The railway line between Par and Newquay will also be closed, with replacement buses in operation between Newquay, St Austell and Plymouth and between Newquay and all stops to Par.
Two ferries are running with waiting times of up to 30 minutes on the Torpoint Ferry at the Torpoint side.
On the Devonport side, waiting times are up to 15 minutes.
One lane is now open on the A30 westbound near Okehampton, but delays remain.
Recovery likely to be on-going until around 10.00am. The road is likely to be closed when recovery arrives.
An accident involving two lorries closed the road between the B3260 (Meldon Junction) and the A386 (Sourton Cross) just after 6.30am this morning.
The A30 westbound in Okehampton is blocked due to a serious accident involving two lorries.
It's between the B3260 (Meldon Junction) and the A386 (Sourton Cross).
Expect long delays in the area.
If you're flying from Exeter Airport today, there's possible disruption to flights to/from France and to some European destinations.
This is due to industrial action by Air Traffic Control workers in France.
Passengers are advised to check the status of their flight with their airline.
Latest ITV News reports
A helicopter service linking the Cornish mainland with Isles of Scilly will end tonight after nearly 50 years.