Report into Toddler's Death

A report into the the death a toddler from Bristol who died after a methadone overdose has listed a number of failed opportunities which might have lead to him being taken into care.

Live updates

Report into toddler's death: Full Report

A toddler from Bristol died from a drug overdose after social workers failed to take him into care, a damning report has revealed. Jayden Lee Green, who was nearly two, was found dead in his parents' bed. He'd been given the heroin substitute methadone last August. Ken Goodwin reports:

The toddler lived with his crack cocaine and heroin-addicted parents Jamie Green and Sonia Britton in a filthy flat in the St George area of Bristol.

Report into toddler's death lists failed opportunities in care system

A report into the the death a toddler from Bristol who died after a methadone overdose has listed a number of failed opportunities which might have lead to him being taken into care.

Jayden-Lee Green's body was found at a flat in Bell Hill Road St George last year.

His drug addict father Jamie Green had given him the heroin substitute. Green was found guilty of manslaughter and and his partner Sonia Britton of causing or allowing the death of a child. The pair were jailed over the incident.

Annie Hudson, Director for Children and Young People's Services, said they accept the reports criticisms:

Advertisement

Back to top