Cancer Treatment Fight

A mother from Devon has begun an appeal to prevent her seven year old son from having radiotherapy for cancer. Sally Roberts lost a high court battle last month to prevent Neon being treated for his brain tumour

Live updates

Court hears Neon Roberts needs another operation

A High Court judge was asked to decide whether Neon Roberts, the seven-year-old boy at the centre of a legal dispute over cancer treatment, can undergo more surgery. Neon, originally from Devon, has already had surgery on a brain tumour.

Doctors say he needs another operation. But his mother, Sally Roberts, will not consent. The judge said he aimed to make a decision later today.

Advertisement

Cancer row mum says she doesn't trust doctors

A mother who disappeared with her young son to stop him being treated for cancer says she had no choice.

37-year-old Sally Roberts disappeared from her home in Tiverton with seven year old Neon because she was worried that radiotherapy would be damaging.

She says she needs more evidence that treatment is necessary and other options need to be explored. The case was heard at the High Court and a judge will make a decision next week. Sally spoke exclusively to Daybreak this morning. This is the full interview.

Mother may agree to cancer treatment for her son

A woman who ran away with her seven-year-old son to stop him having cancer treatment said she will agree to radiotherapy if doctors find his brain tumour has returned.

Sally Roberts from Devon disappeared with Neon after a dispute with her estranged husband Ben over the boy's condition and treatment.

But doctors said Neon could die within months without radiotherapy and Ms Roberts has now backed down, saying her son will have to have the treatment if irregularities on a recent scan prove to be sinister. A further court hearing is scheduled for December 18.

Advertisement

Load more updates Back to top

Latest ITV News reports