Neighbours have tonight paid tribute to a Cornish guest house owner who is believed to have died from poisonous gas fumes. Gill Adams and her three dogs were found dead on the ground floor of the house in St Ives.
She's been described as a loveable lady, who was at the heart of the community. The fire service is urging householders to fit alarms which can detect deadly gases. Our Cornwall correspondent Steve Hardy reports.
Gill Adams died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at her bed and breakfast on Bedford Road in St Ives yesterday. Her three dogs were also found dead in the house. Neighbours have issued this statement.
Gill was a sassy, loveable lady who was very much at the heart of the street. Gill was always helpful to neighbours, including taking meals to people, looking after other people's dogs and happy to chat. She loved animals, especially her dogs, who were friendly and well-behaved. Many people in the town knew her too, and others through the bed and breakfast. It's a huge shock and she will be greatly missed. We are all upset and our thoughts are with her family.
A woman and three dogs have been killed after apparently being poisoned by carbon monoxide at a bed and breakfast she ran in St Ives. The fire service says Jill Adams' husband was away at the time and there were no guests at the property, otherwise there would have been even more casualties.
It is believed the woman who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in St Ives was Jill Adams, who was in her 60s. Mrs Adams' body and those of her three dogs were found on the ground floor of the bed and breakfast she ran in Bedford Road.
Experts are examining a number of gas appliances in the property.