- West Country (W)
- 4 updates
Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has said that the cause of a blaze which broke out in the Millbay area of Plymouth was accidental.
Around 25 firefighters were called to a car workshop in MIller Court yesterday afternoon. The fire started in the electrical unit of a car spraying booth.
Police and the fire service went into major emergency mode today after a fire broke out in the Millbay area of Plymouth.
There were reports of explosions as the fire took grip of a car workshop in Miller Court.
Richard Lawrence reports:
Police say an evacuation of homes in the Millbay area of Plymouth is now unlikely, because the fire at Youngs Car Body Repairs in Miller Court is under control.
Local residents are advised to stay indoors with windows and doors shut.
A number of roads including Millbay Road have been closed and a wide cordon has been set up around the area. Bus routes have been changed.
A major fire has broken out at a car body repair garage in Plymouth.
Fire crews and police are at the scene in the Millbay area of the city.
Nearby businesses are being evacuated, roads in the area are closed, and local residents have been told to stay indoors and close all windows.