- West Country
- 5 updates
Raids have been carried out at homes in Wiltshire in a new police operation targetting drug dealers and other criminals.
Officers were sent to 22 addresses this morning, acting on intelligence and tip-offs from the public.
Laura Makin-Isherwood reports:
- 13 people were arrested
- 22 addresses were searched
- Drugs were seized at 13 addresses
- 2 Hydroponics set ups (used for the cultivation of cannabis) were dismantled
- Approximately £2,000 cash seized
- Suspected stolen dog discovered in one property in Trowbridge
Wiltshire Police have been keeping people updated with details of raids of Operation Harness on their Twitter page @wiltshirepolice:
- 5 drugs warrants executed in Trowbridge
- Mobile phone stun gun recovered from an address in Trowbridge
- More than 20 addresses in Wiltshire have been searched so far
Wednesday morning was the first day of action for Wiltshire Police's Operation Harness.
The aim of the operation is to reduce crime and disorder in the county's neighbourhoods through targeted days of action.
Officers will focus on vehicle crime, stolen goods, anti-social behaviour and drugs, and go after those who commit these offences.