- West Country
- 7 updates
Seven men who were part of an organised crime group in Swindon have been sentenced to a total of more than 40 years in prison, for conspiring to supply cocaine in the town.
The men were arrested after a lengthy police investigation in which officers seized drugs worth £6 million
Tanya Mercer reports:
Four other men have been convicted and sentenced for other drugs offences in 2011 in connection with this organised crime group.
Seven men have been sentenced to more than a total of 40 years imprisonment.
The group was arrested following a large police operation called 'Staple'.
The men are said to have been behind the 'large scale distribution of cocaine' in Swindon.
Wiltshire Police seized drugs with an estimated street value of £6m.
Police worked with the Border Agency, DVLA, housing associations, and Swindon Borough Council's Licensing Department, in order to convict the group.
- Fatos HAMZARAJ born 08/04/82 – sentenced to 12 years imprisonment
- Gugliemo ROSSI born 16/5/83 - sentenced to six years imprisonment
- Paul BOULTON born 11/11/83 - sentenced to eight years imprisonment
- Michael CROSSLEY born 12/06/84 - sentenced to four years imprisonment
- Christopher Peter HEMMING born 24/08/79 - sentenced to six years imprisonment
- Paul Matthew BUNNEY born 01/12/79 - sentenced to 20 month imprisonment
- Jack Bowen JONES born 21/07/91 - sentenced to 3 years imprisonment.