- West Country
- 2 updates
Seven out of the ten most expensive seaside resorts to buy property in the UK are in the westcountry - with the top spot going to Salcombe, according to a new report.
The South Devon town has knocked the millionaires' playground Sandbanks in Dorset off the top spot for the first time.
Salcombe in Devon has been named as the most expensive seaside town.
Property in the town - which sits in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - costs an average of £570,000. While Sandbanks in Dorset came in second with typical house prices topping £522,000.
Top 10 most expensive seaside towns and average house prices
- Salcombe, Devon - £570,378
- Sandbanks, Dorset - £522,242
- Aldeburgh, Suffolk - £408,700
- Padstow, Cornwall - £386,261
- St Mawes, Cornwall - £369,224
- Fowey, Cornwall - £342,577
- Lymington, Hampshire - £340,944
- Dartmouth, Devon - £355,956
- Wadebridge, Cornwall - £333,897
- Budleigh Salterton - £330,436