- West Country
- 3 updates
A fire that damaged an historic pub in Wiltshire was started accidentally.
The roof of the Cross Keys in Royal Wootton Bassett was destroyed in July although crews managed to stop it spreading to neighbouring buildings.
Investigations suggest it was started by an electrical appliance in the top floor but the exact cause may never be known.
Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service has released footage of a blaze at the historic Cross Keys Inn at Royal Wootton Bassett. It shows the roof of the building well alight. The pub had been closed for building work and was due to re-open next week.
An investigation is being held into a blaze at the Cross Keys Inn in Royal Wootton Bassett. It is the oldest pub in the town, and was a meeting point for families on repatriation days. The fire damaged the roof and much of the first floor. No-one was injured.