- West Country
- 4 updates
The fire at the Polish church on Cheltenham Road in Bristol today is thought to have been caused by candles.
Around 30 firefighters worked to bring the fire under control.
Katie Rowlett reports.
A priest and his sister are being treated for smoke inhalation after fire badly damaged a church in Bristol.
The blaze at the Polish Church on Cheltenham Road spread to the roof and was caused by candles.
Russell Bennett is from Avon Fire & Rescue Service...
Part of the inside and the roof of the Polish Church on the Gloucester Road in Bristol have been damaged by fire.
Firefighters say it's thought the blaze, which caused by candles, was accidental.
A man in his 40s and a woman in her 30s were taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
A fire has broken out at the Polish Church on Gloucester Road, Bristol. No one is reported to be injured. The A38 (Cheltenham Road) is closed in both directions between Cotham Row and Upper York Street as a result.