- West Country
- 3 updates
Fire at the Dovecote Inn in Long Ashton started accidentally.
Investigations will continue, but police are satidfied that the fire started accidentally in the roof space.
Firefighters had left the scene by 2:30 this afternoon. But the structure of the building remains unsafe as a result of the fire damage.
A large fire has caused extensive damage to the Dovecote pub in Long Ashton.
At the height of the incident more than 50 firefighters were on the scene. The fire was extinguished by 6am, but has damaged 80% of the building. An investigation into the incident has begun.