- West Country
- 2 updates
People living in Long Ashton have told us there will be chaos after it was announced that sections of the bypass around the village will be closed for more than 5 months.
Emergency repair work will start on the Yanley viaduct over the A370 in North Somerset next month. Severe traffic disruption is expected and parking restrictions will be in place in the village.
Severe traffic disruption will hit North Somerset in the coming weeks as part of a major road is closed for six months.
Repair work will see just one lane left open on the A370 Long Ashton bypass - with traffic only able to travel in one direction. The council say increased traffic on local roads will be inevitable and parking restrictions will be put in place in Long Ashton to try to ease congestion.
- Work starts on Monday 11th August
- It'll last for 23 weeks
- Two out of Three lanes will be closed on the bypass
- Only Bristol bound traffic allowed on the bypass in the morning
- The viaduct needing repair is 45 years old
- 19,000 vehicles use it every day