- West Country
- 3 updates
Julian Wooster, who took up the post of Director of Children's Services just two weeks ago has responded to Ofsted's criticisms.
Ofsted has published a damning report into the quality of children's services in Somerset, rating it as inadequate.
The education watchdog says there had been a "corporate failure to keep children safe in Somerset", and said the "continual churn" in the senior leadership team had stopped the development of the service and severely restricted progress.
How the County Council ranked:
- Children who need help and protection - Inadequate
- Children looked after and achieving permanence - Inadequate
- Adoption performance - Requires improvement
- Experiences and progress of care leavers - Inadequate
- Leadership, management and governance - Inadequate
Latest ITV News reports
Ofsted unveiled a damning report today which uncovered "serious and widespread failures" when it comes to looking after vulnerable children.