Avon & Somerset police have apologised to the victims of a former doctor for the force following an independent inquiry.Read the full story ›
Two police officers are being investigated by the police watchdog after a 63 year old race relations adviser was tasered in Bristol.Read the full story ›
Avon and Somerset Police are giving people advice on how to make your home safer.
- always using a door chain when you have an unexpected caller
- fitting motion sensing security lights around your property
- keeping tools locked up in a secure shed or garage
- making sure garden furniture and wheelie bins can’t be moved to gain access to upstairs windows
- locking up and setting the alarm, if you have one, at night as well as when you go out hiding your keys and handbag or wallet safely out of sight
- never leaving your keys in the back of the door or window
- keeping cash in the bank
- keeping jewellery and other high-value items with a specialist secure storage company
- keeping photographs and a description of items with sentimental value
- using a traceable asset marking liquid on items like jewellery or antiques
- using timer light switches to make it look like there’s someone home
As Avon and Somerset Police is criticised for wrongly recording crimes, our reporter Robert Murphy takes a closer look at the situation.Read the full story ›
Devon and Cornwall Police has been told it's failing victims of crime. Our reporter Bob Cruwys takes a look.Read the full story ›
Both Avon & Somerset and Devon & Cornwall police are not doing enough to record crimes including rape and human trafficking, a report says.Read the full story ›
Families are being warned not to call 999 for trivial matters - for instance, if your child won't get in the bath.Read the full story ›
Police are appealing for witnesses after an 87-year-old woman was robbed and injured in Bristol.Read the full story ›
Avon and Somerset police are appealing for the public's help to track down Justin Fear.
Fear, 22, is wanted in connection with a number of theft offences in Taunton.
He is approximately 5ft 6ins, medium build with brown hair.
If you see Fear, please call contact the police using the reference number 5216271593.
Avon and Somerset Police have released a set of photos showing the damage that has been caused to a number of vehicles by arson attacks.Read the full story ›