The owner of a 16th century stately home in Dorset which was destroyed by fire, has died.
Its owner Michael Treichl was later questioned by police, but denied any wrongdoing.
A family spokesman said Mr Treichl, who was 68, had been suffering from severe depression before he died.
Police are still investigating the cause of the fire.
Detectives investigating the fire that wrecked a historic mansion in Dorset have arrested a 68 year-old man. Parnham House in Beaminster was gutted after the blaze broke out at last weekend.
The man who's being held is said to be from the Beaminster area. Police confirmed this morning that the fire had been fully extinguished. The house remains cordoned off while investigators sift the wreckage.
John Makepeace lived at Parnham House for more than three decades and it's where he ran his woodwork design school from.
He says when he called the 80 room property home, precautions were taken to avoid such tragedies.
Furniture designer Mr Makepeace bought the property in 1976 and ran his School for Craftsmen in Wood in the house.
People living close to a historic house which was devastated by fire say its been a tragic weekend for their community.
Fire crews are still working at the site in Beaminster in Dorset more than 24 hours after it broke out as investigations into the cause of the blaze get underway.
Police cordons surround the gates of Parnham House in Dorset following a huge fire which has destroyed part of the property.
The fire that gutted the Grade I listed stately home is being treated as 'suspicious' and police have issued an appeal calling for witnesses to come forward.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward after a suspicious fire at a property in Beaminster.Read the full story ›
A huge fire has broken out at a stately home near Beaminster in Dorset, it's believed to be Parnham House.Read the full story ›
Police investigating a fatal crash near Beaminster in Dorset would like to hear from anyone who saw what happened.
It took place on Sunday morning on the A3066 at the north entrance to the Beaminster tunnel.
Officers say a motorbike rider travelling towards to Beaminster lost control and hit the tunnel parapet. The rider, a 65-year-old man from Wincanton, died at the scene.
The road was closed for several hours while the emergency services attended.
The road was closed for five hours while the emergency services attended. You can watch video of the investigators at the tunnel below:
A post office in West Dorset has had its cash machine stolen after thieves drove a vehicle into the front of the building overnight.
It's not known how much money was inside the machine at Orchard Way post office in Mosterton – near Beaminster.
The raiders used a stolen green Mitsubishi Pajero, which was later found abandoned in Crewkerne.
At 4.20am this morning, a member of the public called Dorset Police reporting a ram raid. The front doors of the building had been severely damaged and the alarm was sounding.
A freestanding ATM – containing an unknown quantity of cash – had been stolen from the location.
I believe that the vehicle used to force entry will not only have caused a great deal of noise, but will also have sustained damage.
It is also very likely that removal of the heavy cash machine required more than one offender.
I urge any witnesses, and anyone with any information about this incident, to contact Dorset Police.
The Beaminster Tunnel has now been closed for more than a year, after a landslide which killed a couple from Somerset.
Rosemary Snell and Michael Rolfe were driving home after an evening out on the 7th July when their car was crushed. Their bodies weren't found for ten days. Work has been taking place to stabilise the site but the road is likely to stay shut until the end of the month at least.