People from Templeton, which is near Tiverton, burnt a cardboard cut-out of a BT Openreach van on bonfire night.Read the full story ›
Mother of a four-year-old Devon girl, who was burned after a firework exploded in her face, has released video footage to warn others.Read the full story ›
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is encouraging people to attend an organised event instead.Read the full story ›
Firework fans are being urged to think twice before burning furniture on bonfire night or setting light to rubbish.Read the full story ›
Thousands of people turned up to watch what is probably one of the West Country's most curious traditions.
Barrels soaked in tar were set alight and carried through the East Devon town of Ottery St Mary on the shoulders of some of its residents - a Bonfire Night practice that dates back to the 17th century.
This footage shows children in the Devon town of Ottery St Mary taking part in its annual tar barrel event last night (5 November).
It may seem dangerous but organisers say it is perfectly safe - and have the health and safety paperwork to prove it.
Thousands of people descended on Ottery St Mary in Devon on Bonfire Night to watch a tradition that dates back to the 17th century.
Barrels soaked in tar are set alight and carried through the town on the shoulders of residents.
You would have thought that this event would be history in this health and safety conscious age but it happens every year. Take a look:
The centuries old tradition of running burning tar barrels though the streets of Ottery St Mary was celebrated last night, 5 November.
Organisers say they're determined to keep the tradition alive despite obvious health and safety concerns.
It means a lot for the town. It brings in a lot of revenue but it keeps the town as a separate identity. There's nothing else like it in the whole world so we're intending to keep it going for the future generations.
We never sit back on our laurels. We keep working harder each year to make sure it keeps going on the same format.