Emily Gardner's family say if they'd known power boat drivers didn't a license they wouldn't have let her go and she'd still be alive.Read the full story ›
A verdict is expected today at the inquest of a 14 year-old girl who became trapped under a capsized speedboat near Brixham harbour.Read the full story ›
A teenage girl who drowned when a speedboat capsized was wearing a buoyancy aid that was too large for her.Read the full story ›
An inquest into the death of a 14-year-old girl who died after becoming trapped under a speedboat in Devon resumes today.Read the full story ›
Police are treating the death of a woman in south Devon as 'unexplained'.
Police and ambulance were called to a field in Gattery Lane, Brixham, at 11am yesterday (Weds).
The lane was cordoned off while investigations were carried out.
Police arrested five people for driving while under the influence of drugs as part of a two day operation targeting motorists on Devon's roads.
Officers say the operation was a success, with more than 80 motorists dealt for various offences.
At one point officers from both Devon and Cornwall, and Dorset Police - who had travelled to help their colleagues as part of the strategic alliance - had seized so many uninsured vehicles they were stored in a coach station.
At one stage last night we were seizing so many uninsured vehicles that we had to store them at #Torquay coach station to await recovery
A full list of the offences dealt with:
- 48 people exceeding the speed limit or using a mobile phone while driving.
- 17 vehicles which had no licence or no insurance – which were seized.
- Five drug-drivers.
- One drink-driver.
- Five people who possessed drugs.
- Three vehicles in dangerous condition – which were taken off the road.
- One person alleged to have taken a vehicle without consent.
- One anti-social driver, who was allegedly seen by police to be doing a wheelie on his motorbike at a zebra crossing as pedestrians waited to cross the road - the vehicle was seized.
- Three vehicles which failed to stop for the police.
Dozens of drivers have been arrested as part of an operation to combat criminals on our roads.Read the full story ›
A Brixham rugby player looked set to score a match winning try on the weekend - until he accidentally dived over the wrong line.Read the full story ›
The family of a teenager who died when a speedboat capsized off the South Devon coast, say they're too traumatised to talk about her deathRead the full story ›
The driver of a speedboat which capsized in Devon, trapping a teenager who drowned ‘was not wearing the emergency kill cord’, a report saysRead the full story ›