Live updates

Man and woman found dead in Yate have been named

A man and woman found dead at a house in Yate have been named.

46 year old Jonathan and 50 year old Deborah Coster have now been formally identified. Their bodies were found at a property in Cherington at around 11am on 13th November.

Their deaths are being treated as unexplained. A post-mortem examination is due to be carried out this week to determine the cause of deaths but it is not believed to be suspicious.

Investigation continues into death of couple in Yate

Police were called to the house in Cherington in Yate yesterday morning, 13 November Credit: ITV News

Post mortem examinations are likely to be carried out next week on a man and woman who were found dead at a house in Yate yesterday morning (13 November).

It is thought the couple may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning from their gas fire.

Emergency crews were called to the house in Cherington at 11am yesterday morning. The Hazard Area Response Team and Environmental Health unit also attended.

Police are treating the deaths as unexplained and enquiries continue.


Four in hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning in Wellington

Four people from Wellington in Somerset have been taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after a gas leak at their home.

Fire crews were called out on saturday evening after reports of a carbon monoxide alarm going off.

Ambulance crews treated the four at the scene before taking them to hospital.

Crews found extremely high levels of carbon monoxide inside the house. The Gas board has made the property safe.

Guest house death: from our Cornwall correspondent

Neighbours have tonight paid tribute to a Cornish guest house owner who is believed to have died from poisonous gas fumes. Gill Adams and her three dogs were found dead on the ground floor of the house in St Ives.

She's been described as a loveable lady, who was at the heart of the community. The fire service is urging householders to fit alarms which can detect deadly gases. Our Cornwall correspondent Steve Hardy reports.


Neighbours pay tribute to woman 'killed by carbon monoxide'

Gill Adams died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at her bed and breakfast on Bedford Road in St Ives yesterday. Her three dogs were also found dead in the house. Neighbours have issued this statement.

Gill was a sassy, loveable lady who was very much at the heart of the street. Gill was always helpful to neighbours, including taking meals to people, looking after other people's dogs and happy to chat. She loved animals, especially her dogs, who were friendly and well-behaved. Many people in the town knew her too, and others through the bed and breakfast. It's a huge shock and she will be greatly missed. We are all upset and our thoughts are with her family.

– Gill Adams' neighbours in St Ives
Load more updates