Officers investigating the death of a man in Bath on Sunday have been given additional time to continue questioning two suspects.Read the full story ›
PC Claire Boddie, who is accused of tasering a race relations adviser in the face, denied the common assault charge in court today.Read the full story ›
A 36-year-old woman was jogging on Woodcock Lane in Warminster when a man touched her bottom. He then ran towards Fairfield road, Wiltshire.Read the full story ›
Footage: Michael Gore
Police are investigating after a robbery at a jewellers on Princess Victoria Street in Clifton, Bristol at approximately 12.50pm today.
The owner of the store, Stephen Grey-Harris, told ITV News that he believes that the men got away with jewellery worth "in excess of one million pounds."
Four offenders arrived at the scene on motorbikes and used weapons to smash the store windows.
Princess Victoria Street remains closed as police continue to investigate the incident.
Avon and Somerset Police are giving people advice on how to make your home safer.
- always using a door chain when you have an unexpected caller
- fitting motion sensing security lights around your property
- keeping tools locked up in a secure shed or garage
- making sure garden furniture and wheelie bins can’t be moved to gain access to upstairs windows
- locking up and setting the alarm, if you have one, at night as well as when you go out hiding your keys and handbag or wallet safely out of sight
- never leaving your keys in the back of the door or window
- keeping cash in the bank
- keeping jewellery and other high-value items with a specialist secure storage company
- keeping photographs and a description of items with sentimental value
- using a traceable asset marking liquid on items like jewellery or antiques
- using timer light switches to make it look like there’s someone home
Pet ducks have reportedly being decapitated during a spate of burglaries in a village in Gloucestershire.
Sheds and garages were targeted at three homes in Newport, near Berkeley, on Sunday night. Thousands of pounds worth of property was taken.
- 11:30pm - 8am: a shed burglary where offenders forced entry and stole a lawnmower, wheelbarrow and other power tools
- 7pm - 7am: a garage burglary. Two large compressors and a bike were stolen
- time unknown: a shed burglary. Bikes stolen, and offenders tried to break into a caravan. The victim reported that her ducks had been decapitated
Police conducted house to house enquiries in the area, and are asking people to follow their crime prevention advice.
More than 30 cars have been vandalised in Yeovil after an unprovoked attack. Police are appealing for witnesses.Read the full story ›
Every frontline officer in the Avon and Somerset force area will be issued with a body camera a part of their uniform.Read the full story ›
Plymouth City Council has condemned the recent rise of racist hate crime in the city following the attack on a local Polish family.Read the full story ›
This investigation is at a very early stage and enquiries continue to establish the circumstances around the deaths.
However at this time we are not looking for any other person in connection with this incident.