Live updates

Bearded Dragon rescued from house fire

Crews rescued a pet Bearded Dragon, like the one pictured here. Credit: Zaruba Ondrej/ PA

Firefighters have rescued a pet Bearded Dragon after being called to a house fire in Devon.

Crews were mobilised to a house in Torquay, where they found heavy smoke coming from a ground floor bedroom.

They confirmed there had been a small fire in a vivarium - and rescued a pet Bearded Dragon.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Gorse fire: road closures throughout rush hour

Credit: ITV West Country

A major gorse fire in Devon had closed a road near the scene.

The B3180 is closed between Four Firs and Halfway Inn on the A3052.

More that 20 fire engines were called to the scene on Woodbury Common yesterday afternoon.

Smoke could be seen for miles across Exeter and Haldon Hill.

One firefighter was taken to hospital, and several others needed medical treatment at the scene as they tackled the fire.

Load more updates