Nearly half of Britain's "most expensive" seaside towns are in the South West - according to a new survey.
Salcombe in Devon, which was the priciest seaside town in 2015, came in second on the annual Halifax survey this year, with an average home there valued at £617,743.
During the last 10 years, the average house price in Britain's seaside towns has increased by 25%, from £181,060 in 2007 to £226,916 in 2017.
That equates to an average increase of £382 per month.
So what are the most expensive seaside towns? (With average house price in brackets)
- Sandbanks, South West (£664,051)
- Salcombe, South West (£617,743)
- Aldeburgh, East Anglia (£526,689)
- Lymington, South East (£441,357)
- Padstow, South West (£422,916)
- Dartmouth, South West (£391,775)
- East Wittering, South East (£384,434)
- Brighton, South East (£374,622)
- Shoreham by Sea, South East (£373,056)
- Bigbury on Sea, South West (£372,105)
Heavy thundery showers are on the way for the South West across the Bank Holiday with some brighter sometimes sunny spells in between.Read the full story ›
Charity urges owners to use sun cream on their pets as the West Country experiences the hottest temperatures of the year so far.Read the full story ›
Damon Smith from Newton Abbot was found guilty of planting a home-made bomb on the London Underground in October.Read the full story ›
Another sparkling start with lots of sunshine and barely a cloud in the sky, temperatures feeling very warm but high UV levels too.Read the full story ›
Extra spending on the NHS, cutting net migration and adding grammar schools to every town were just some of UKIP's manifesto pledges.Read the full story ›
Another hot and sticky day lined up for tomorrow. Clear skies and plenty of sunshine, feeling warm and high UV levels.Read the full story ›
Gloucestershire Police are concerned for a missing teenager from Cheltenham.
13-year-old Ellie-May Stevens from Arle Gardens, Cheltenham was last seen at 4pm on Tuesday 23 May. She came home to collect a bag but has not returned.
Ellie-May has friends in Cheltenham and has family connections to Milton Keynes. She is:
- 5’ 3” tall
- slight build
- shoulder length blonde hair
- she was wearing a black top and black trousers
- she was carrying a black bag with a large brown pocket
Police are urging anyone who has seen Ellie or knows of her whereabouts to call 101.