Dozens of bus drivers across Dorset who walked out on strike will continue to protest into a fourth week.Read the full story ›
A 65-year-old man has suffered "potentially life changing injuries" after a brick was thrown through a bus window and hit him on the head.
The incident happened as the man was on the number 90 bus from Bristol city centre to Hengrove at around 11.30pm on Tuesday.
As the bus reached Inns Court Avenue in Knowle, a brick was thrown at the window, smashing it and striking the victim in the head.
He was taken to hospital for treatment where his condition has deteriorated. He is currently stable, but police say he has suffered "potentially life changing injuries".
- Anyone with information should call Bristol Investigations via 101 and quote reference 5216140965.
More than a hundred bus drivers across Dorset have walked out on strike. First Wessex drivers who are angry about pay.Read the full story ›
Bus company First has entered into a joint pledge with Bristol City Council to improve punctuality of services in the city.
They want to make sure 95% of bus services start on time by 2020.
They'll work together to monitor services and identify any problems which are causing delays and change timetables or routes if necessary.
First is also introducing 59 new buses over the next six months.
A bus driver from Bristol who was sacked after testing positive for cocaine has won a substantial pay out by proving the drug came from bank notes handed over by passengers.
58-year-old Alan Bailes, had to take a saliva test after a complaint he was "under the influence of cannabis". He was dismissed by First Group for gross misconduct. Alan spent £440 on a more accurate hair follicle test with his GP which proved there had been no drugs in his system for 90 days.
But First Bus refused to reinstate him, despite his previously unblemished disciplinary record. After a two-and-a-half-year battle, Bristol Tribunal Court concluded he'd been unfairly dismissed and he has been awarded him a five-figure compensation sum.
First Group said "we believe we followed due process throughout."
Smart cards have been introduced for bus journeys in Bristol.
The system - similar to London's Oyster Cards - has been installed by Transport firm First to ease payments for passengers. At the moment they're only available for adults on certain routes but there are plans to extend the scheme by autumn.
Bus operator First are going to reduce their prices in Bath and Weston-super-Mare to encourage more people to use them. It comes after a fare reduction trial in Bristol saw a 15% rise in passengers. One of the changes will include a flat fare in Bath city centre.
Two bus passengers have been treated in hospital after a double-decker toppled sideways into a ditch in Somerset.The vehicle was carrying 17 passengers when it crashed into the roadside gulley between Burnham-on-Sea and Brean, and came to rest at a 45-degree angle.
Two people who clambered out of the wrecked vehicle were taken to hospital and the road was cordoned off while the cause of the crash was investigated.The First Bus vehicle was travelling the five-mile coastal route when it crashed.
People in Bristol will have the chance to have their say about bus services in the city today. First Bus are holding a question and answer session with some of the company's managers at Southmead hospital.
They say it'll give people a chance to ask about changes to fares and highlight any problems.
The leader of the Conservative group on Bristol City Council is calling for a vote of no confidence in First Bus.
Councillor Peter Abraham says the company's refusal to listen to passengers over timetable changes is the last straw.
First Bus says minor adjustments have been made - and it will review the situation in the next few months.
Laura Makin-Isherwood reports.