Live updates

Olympic flame goes out in Devon

Organisers have confirmed that the Olympic torch flame went out today and a replacement torch had to be brought out. The torch was attached to the side of Para-badminton star David Follett's wheelchair in Great Torrington, Devon.

The flame went out due to a malfunctioning burner. It is not uncommon for a flame to go out and this can happen for a number of reasons, for example, in extreme winds."

– Spokeswoman for LOCOG

Advertisement

Advertisement

Load more updates

Advertisement

Today's top stories