Thousands of flood-prone homes in Somerset will benefit from a new scheme. Flood Re will help at-risk households get more affordable cover.Read the full story ›
After a weekend of heavy rain and high winds, the West Country has been told to brace for another bout of bad weather.Read the full story ›
This is the ford down in Kenwyn. Do not attempt to pass it in any vehicle or on foot. There is an enormous force 1/2 https://t.co/g6ZqCkjtxF
The Environment Agency has issued its highest flood warning for Portreath - saying that lives are at risk in the area.Read the full story ›
Hundreds of natural dams are being built across the streams that flow down the hills above the Somerset Levels.Read the full story ›
A major clean-up has taken place at a flooded Devon School to get it ready in time for the start of termRead the full story ›
The Environment Agency has issued two flood warnings for the South West and residents should take action to protect themselvesRead the full story ›
Somerset drivers are being warned of flooding on the A359 near Yeovil. Stay safe, and tweet or email us your pictures and experiences if it is safe to do so, at @itvwestcountry or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A359 at Mudford/Marston Magna is flooded. Please drive carefully.
The Environment Agency is advising people in certain parts of the West Country to take care, as flooding is expected in some areas.Read the full story ›
After a weekend of heavy rain there are flooding issues across many parts of the region today (Sunday 3 January).
Some roads are blocked entirely and others are barely passable - drivers are urged to take care, and if driving through flood water to do so slowly, as bow waves are causing more damage to flooded properties.
Here is a list of the major roads currently affected. Let us know of any problems near you by emailing email@example.com or tweeting us @itvwestcountry.
- BLOCKED: A3058 Beacon Road blocked by flooding between the A30 (Summercourt) and the A392 East Road (Kestle Mill). Journeys between St Austell and Newquay are affected
- JUST PASSABLE: Flooding on the A30 between A3074 Nut Lane and A3047 (Tolvaddon)
- JUST PASSABLE: flooding on A382 Exeter Road between Newton Abbot and THE A38 (Drum Bridges)
- APPROACH WITH CARE: Flooding on A30 Westbound between Polyphant Road and Fivelanes
- APPROACH WITH CARE: Flooding on A38 Westbound around B3271, Saltash
- APPROACH WITH CARE: Flooding on A3075 between A392 Trevemper Road (Newquay) and B3285 Halt Road
- BLOCKED: The A386 between Landcross and Great Torrington is closed due to flooding
- BLOCKED: A377 Samford Courtenay road
- BLOCKED: The Honiton road at Langford Bridge
- BLOCKED: A382 due to flooding between Southbrook Lane and Bowring Mead
- MAY CLOSE SOON: A39 at Brynsworthy - police are on the scene
- MAY CLOSE SOON: A358 Weycroft Road
- JUST PASSABLE: A381 Western By-Pass between Totnes and the A3122 (Halwell) due to flooding. Police advise drivers to approach with care
- JUST PASSABLE: Flooding on A382 Exeter Road between Newton Abbot and THE A38 (Drum Bridges)
- JUST PASSABLE: A35 at Willmington, near the bridge
- APPROACH WITH CARE: Woodbury Salterton village - please avoid if possible
- APPROACH WITH CARE: Marsh Barton Road, Exeter - flooding under the bridge
- APPROACH WITH CARE: A386 outside Tavistock College - road flooded
- APPROACH WITH CARE: A3072 Anvil Corner - flooding
- APPROACH WITH CARE: Flooding on A3075 in both directions which is particularly bad at the Rejerrah Dip
- APPROACH WITH CARE: A3122 Halwell to Dartmouth - deep standing water near The Forces Tavern
- APPROACH WITH CARE: The Finlake road (B3344) - flooding
- APPROACH WITH CARE: East Anstey near the Newpark Farm road
- APPROACH WITH CARE: A385 at Dartington - flooded in the Marley Head area
Flooding Advice Did you know it takes just 12" of flowing water to move a small car18-20" for larger vehicles #TurnAroundDontDrown
County councils are not issuing sandbags - they are available from your district council or DIY stores.
The Met Office has also issued further flood warnings for the region: