The announcement that Kanye West is one of the headliners at Glastonbury has angered some fans of the festival - who have launched a petition.
The change.org petition, has so far attracted over 28,000 supporters.
The rapper has been confirmed as one of this summer's headline acts.
He follows in the footsteps of fellow hip-hop superstar Jay Z, whose Saturday night slot in 2008 caused huge controversy before it was deemed a big success.
Now a petition has been launched in an attempt to derail plans by organisers for the US star to perform.
West recently took to the stage to debut new track All Day at the Brits but his performance - much of it muted out - left many viewers disappointed.
Kanye West is an insult to music fans all over the world. We spend hundreds of pounds to attend Glasto, and by doing so, expect a certain level of entertainment. Let's prevent this musical injustice now!
Emily Eavis, daughter of the festival's founder Michael, revealed on Twitter on Monday night that the rap superstar will top the Saturday bill at Glastonbury in June.
But Adam Tingley wrote on the petition website: "If he can't even get the Brits right, how will he manage to pull in the crowds at the world's greatest music festival?!?"
Alice McCready added: "Kanye's rap image is not in keeping with the festival's concepts. His lyrics are at times offensive".
Others were more supportive.
Barnye Hunter wrote on Twitter: "I love Glastonbury because the line up is so diverse and oh my how dare they let something other than an old white rock band headline!"
And Kayleigh Quinn said: "No specific genre owns Glastonbury. There's more than one stage. Get over yourself."
The announcement came shortly after West tweeted a series of nude pictures of his wife, socialite Kim Kardashian.
Eavis tweeted: "We are thrilled to let you know we have the one and only Kanye West headlining Saturday night on the Pyramid Stage!"
Foo Fighters will headline the Pyramid Stage on the Friday, making their first appearance at the Somerset festival since 1998.
Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis takes a salary of just £60,000-a-year - despite the event turning over £32 million, he has revealed.
Eavis, 79, says he is not interested in the money and donates £2million to charity each year after paying all the wages and event costs. The father-of-five says his take-home pay is so modest that he earns less than his top dairy herdsman at Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset.
Speaking to the Western Daily Press Mr Eavis said he last bought a new car 14 years ago and does not even holiday abroad, instead opting to stay at his holiday cottage in Cornwall.
I suppose I am a lot better off than I would have been for sure, but I don't have millions or anything.
I get a wage of £60,000 but I pay more than that to my cowman.
I am not going to buy a flashy car - I bought a Mini for my wife 14 years ago. I don't really like going on holiday - I just have a little cottage in Cornwall.
There is no money stashed anywhere. We do a lot on the charity side - we aim for £2 million a year.
Mr Eavis, who has overseen 32 festivals in the last 44 years, says he does not like to carry over any profit into the next year - and gives any excess cash away.
I like to go into the following year on the edge - I like that, I like the challenge.
Yesterday, the girls said there is a quarter of a million left over. I said let's get rid of it, send it on to the charity today.
The festival employs around 150 people full time throughout the year and 25,000 during the event.
So far Lionel Richie is the only name to be confirmed for the 2015 festival, which sold out in less than half an hour.
Eavis said that he felt his team had done well when it came to picking headliners but there were still two acts he would like to see at the event.
There are only 30 headliners in the world - people who can pull more than 60,000 people.
We have had all but two of them at the moment.
I would like to have had The Grateful Dead because that is the one band we should have had and just ideal for the festival market.
Lionel Richie has been confirmed to play at Glastonbury next summer. He is the first artist confirmed for the 2015 music event. It will be his debut UK festival appearance and he will play in the Sunday teatime slot on the Pyramid Stage, according to the festival's website.
We are over the moon. We've had some amazing performances in the Sunday teatime slot over the years, from Neil Diamond, Shirley Bassey, Paul Simon and many others.
And, of course, Dolly Parton played an incredible set this year. So we felt very lucky to get the call from a true Motown legend asking to play next year.
He's got so many amazing songs, to see him perform here on the farm is just going to be wonderful.
I'm really excited to play Glastonbury next year as it's one of the most iconic festivals in the world.
It has a phenomenal history and the alumni of artists who have previously played is incredible so I'm honoured to be joining that club.
It will be a really special moment for me and I can't wait to share it with everyone. I can now say 'Yes, I'm playing Glastonbury'.
Tickets for next year's festival sold out in record time.
Tens of thousands of music fans were left disappointed after the £225 tickets were snapped up in just 26 minutes. The 150,000 tickets were bought up even before the festival line-up has been announced.
Those who missed out on Glastonbury Festival tickets today are being told there will be another chance next year.
I'm sorry to everyone who missed out, so wish we could get everyone in. There will be a resale in the spring.
Tickets for next summer's Glastonbury Festival took just 27 minutes to sell out this morning.
Tickets for Glastonbury 2015 have now sold out. Thanks to everyone who got one, and sorry to those of you who missed out.
Tickets went on sale at 9am but it was announced on Twitter less than half an hour later that they had sold out. Prices were raised to £220 this year - £10 more than last year.
The line up has yet to be revealed.
A dog left at Glastonbury Festival, and which Dolly Parton had offered to re-home, has been reunited with its owner. The animal shelter in Shepton Mallet was reluctant to hand Dolly the dog back to her owners because of welfare concerns, but said they were forced to legally.
In a statement, they added that they would be supervising the owner's care. Lyn Southway from Happy Landings Animal Shelter says they needed to make sure the people were really Dolly's owners.
ITV Westcountry has been told that the dog that Dolly Parton offered to re-home after it was abandoned at Glastonbury was very pleased to see it's owners when they were reunited last night.
The owners who are Spanish and live in London came forward to claim the dog Dolly who was found abandoned in a tent at the festival. The rescue centre say they were legally obliged to hand the dog back to it's owner after the proper checks were carried out.
Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis has revealed that he has invited The Duchess of Cornwall to next year's event. He was speaking to ITV News after meeting Prince Charles during his visit to Glastonbury Abbey this morning
Country music legend Dolly Parton says she will provide a home to the dog found abandoned at the Glastonbury Festival.
Dolly, who stole the show last week, said she would step in if no one collects her namesake from the shelter where she is currently being looked after.
Duncan Sleightholme reports from the shelter in Shepton Mallet:
Country music legend Dolly Parton says she will give a home to the dog found abandoned at the Glastonbury Festival.
Dolly, who stole the show with her first ever Glastonbury performance last week, said she would step in if no one collects her namesake from the Happy Landings shelter near Worthy Farm where she is currently being held.