Live updates

WOMAD to stay in Wiltshire until at least 2030

Credit: ITV West Country

WOMAD organisers say the festival will stay at Charlton Park in Wiltshire until at least 2030.

More than 30,000 people attended this year's music, art and food event over the weekend.

“This was one of our best programmes ever featuring a quite extraordinary melee of cultures, voices and musical styles, an incredible crowd who came in record numbers, and a very bright future for the festival, with our residence at Charlton Park extended until at least 2030.”

– Chris Smith, festival director
  • Chris Smith, WOMAD festival director

More on WOMAD:


Two men killed in Wiltshire light aircraft crash

The plane crashed in Brimslade near Marlborough at around 6.30pm. Credit: ITV News

Two men have died after a light aircraft crashed in a field on Thursday evening, Wiltshire Police have confirmed.

The plane crashed in Brimslade near Marlborough at around 6.30pm.

Emergency officials including police, ambulance and the fire and rescue service are at the scene.

Representatives from the Air Accidents Investigation Branch are also present and will lead the investigation into the incident.

More to follow...


Man killed in Marlborough crash named as Max Pearson

A man who died in a crash involving a single car in Marlborough has been named.

21-year-old Max Pearson, who's from the town, was fatally injured in the crash on Sunday morning on Grand Avenue, a private road in Savernake Forest.

Three other young people also travelling in the same car - a Silver Renault Clio - were seriously injured and a fourth passenger suffered minor injuries.

Police do not believe another vehicle was involved in the collision but are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen the crash or the car before it happened.

Double decker bus catches fire in Marlborough

The back of the bus caught fire this morning in Marlborough High Street Credit: Laura Biddiscombe

A bus driver was left with breathing problems after a double decker caught fire in Wiltshire. It happened in the High Street in Marlborough just after 8.30am.

The driver tried to tackle the flames before crews arrived and was treated by paramedics because he breathed in smoke.

The High Street was closed for a number of hours while diesel that had leaked from the bus was cleared up.

Load more updates