As Bristol Parkway station shuts for a fortnight, passengers have been warned to expect major disruption with some journeys taking an hour longer than usual due to diversions.
The closure means:
- There will be an hourly service between Bristol Temple Meads, Cheltenham and Birmingham New Street.
- Services between Parkway and Swindon will be halted for around a month
- Services between Cardiff, Swansea and London Paddington will be affected
- Replacement busses will run between Bristol Parkway and Patchway
- Local services between Yate and Filton Abbey Wood will also be affected
Check for updates:
Commuters getting the train from Bristol Temple Meads should expect delays and changes, as a signalling problem is currently disrupting services.
The following changes are expected to continue until the end of service.
- No trains between Bristol Temple Meads and Severn Beach
- Delays of up to 30 minutes to journeys between Bristol Temple Meads and Cardiff Central
The Tarka rail line between Crediton and Barnstaple will be closed tomorrow [Sunday] until Wednesday [13th].
Network Rail will be relaying bits of track and making bridge improvements. During the closure, First Great Western will operate train services between Exeter and Crediton, with a bus replacement service serving all stations north of Crediton, through to Barnstaple.
The line will close on Sunday at 11pm and open on Wednesday at 3pm.