The two people admitted to Salisbury District Hospital on Sunday night following an incident in the city centre have both been discharged.Read the full story ›
A woman has told how she and her husband fell ill at a Salisbury restaurant, sparking fears they had fallen victim to Novichok poisoning.Read the full story ›
The decontamination of Sergei Skripal's home in Salisbury is underway. It's to make Salisbury and Amesbury safe for residents and visitors.Read the full story ›
Mr Rowley is currently being treated for meningitis and loss of eyesight in Salisbury District Hospital.Read the full story ›
Tests of the helicopter and airbase have confirmed there has been no contamination of the deadly nerve agent.Read the full story ›
The cordons put in place earlier today have now been removed.
The two bins remain in the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Down for analysis.
According to Public Health England, the risk to the public remains low.
Police have removed two bins from a cordoned-off area behind shops in Catherine Street, Salisbury after speaking to Charlie Rowley.
Officers have been asking Mr Rowley about what he remembers before falling ill. The removal of the bins is a result of more conversations with the Novichok victim.
The bins will be taken to the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Down for analysis.
The advice from Public Health England remains that the risk to the public is low.
Air ambulance, emergency vehicles and kit that may have come into contact with nerve agent victims all to under go precautionary testingRead the full story ›
Detectives are investigating the murder of Dawn Sturgess, 44, and the poisoning of her partner, Charlie Rowley, 45.Read the full story ›
Public Health England (PHE) has released a statement following the doscovey of a bottle of Novichok at Charlie Rowley's house.
The organisation says it has not seen any further cases of illness linked to the Amesbury incident, which has left 45-year-old Rowley recovering in hospital, while his partner, Dawn Sturgess, 44, passed away on Sunday.
However, PHE are warning people to not pick up any strange items.
In response to the latest police statement on the current situation in Amesbury and Salisbury the risk to the public remains low. We have not seen any further cases of illness linked to this incident.
As a precaution Public Health England continues to strongly advise the public not to pick up any strange items such as syringes, needles, cosmetics or similar objects made of materials such as metal, plastic or glass.
The advice remains “if you didn’t drop it, then don’t pick it up”.