Live updates



KT Tunstall thanks NHS 'angels' after swallowing chicken bone

Credit: PA

KT Tunstall was rushed to hospital after she accidentally swallowed a whole chicken bone.

The Scottish songwriter is due to perform in Bristol tonight, and was spending time with her family in Bath ahead of the show.

The award-winning singer has written soundtracks for many Hollywood films Credit: PA

KT, who's won awards for tracks such as "Suddenly I See", went to A&E after the accident. She had an x-ray and had a "painful" laryngoscopy - a procedure where a small camera is placed down the throat - to check for damage to her vocal chords.

Thankfully medics at the Bath RUH discovered there were no lasting problems. Posting on Instagram, the singer confirmed that she would be performing as planned in Bristol tonight.

Credit: kttunstall / Instagram

The former vegetarian has now vowed never to eat chicken wings again following the close call.

Writing on her Instagram post, the singer thanked the "amazing" staff at the RUH in Bath.

The NHS nurses were AMAZING. Thank you Hazel and your lovely colleagues.

You are bona fide Angels, and deserve way more than you receive, as does the NHS across the board.

– KT Tunstall, Instagram
Load more updates