As a consultation about banning dogs from some St Ives beaches nears its end, dog owners have come together to fight the plans
A Cornish holiday resort at risk of losing half of its public toilets is asking businesses to help find ways to keep them open.
St. Ives Town Council is meeting tonight to discuss a controversial ban on dogs from beaches
A controversial order banning dogs from St Ives' beaches comes into affect today.
The 24 hour ban applies to Porthgwidden,Porthmeor and Porthminsterwhile an 8am to 7pm ban also comes into force on Harbour beach.
St Ives Dog Owners Group who oppose the ban are planning a demo this weekend. There will be similar dog bans coming into place on other beaches in the region, including Sidmouth and Instow.
A company planning to salvage tin waste from the sea bed in St Ives Bay has escaped prosecution for failing to obtain the correct licences. A pressure group says Marine Minerals Limited has been taking sand illegally. But the company says it was not aware it had done anything wrong.
It's been the training ground for some of our greatest contemporary artists and this weekend the St.Ives School of Painting celebrates a special anniversary.
It was 75 years ago that the school started life in a ramshackle and draughty studio overlooking Porthmeor Beach.
It was born out of a pledge made by two men who fought together in the First World War. They said if they survived they'd come to St.Ives and paint.
Naomi Lloyd reports:
Two of the region's beaches have been voted within the top 10 in Europe. Woolacombe beach in Devon was voted fifth, with Porthminster beach at St Ives in ninth place in the TripAdvisor survey.
Neighbours have tonight paid tribute to a Cornish guest house owner who is believed to have died from poisonous gas fumes. Gill Adams and her three dogs were found dead on the ground floor of the house in St Ives.
She's been described as a loveable lady, who was at the heart of the community. The fire service is urging householders to fit alarms which can detect deadly gases. Our Cornwall correspondent Steve Hardy reports.
Gill Adams died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at her bed and breakfast on Bedford Road in St Ives yesterday. Her three dogs were also found dead in the house. Neighbours have issued this statement.
– Gill Adams' neighbours in St Ives
Gill was a sassy, loveable lady who was very much at the heart of the street. Gill was always helpful to neighbours, including taking meals to people, looking after other people's dogs and happy to chat. She loved animals, especially her dogs, who were friendly and well-behaved. Many people in the town knew her too, and others through the bed and breakfast. It's a huge shock and she will be greatly missed. We are all upset and our thoughts are with her family.
A woman and three dogs have been killed after apparently being poisoned by carbon monoxide at a bed and breakfast she ran in St Ives. The fire service says Jill Adams' husband was away at the time and there were no guests at the property, otherwise there would have been even more casualties.
It is believed the woman who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in St Ives was Jill Adams, who was in her 60s. Mrs Adams' body and those of her three dogs were found on the ground floor of the bed and breakfast she ran in Bedford Road.
Experts are examining a number of gas appliances in the property.