A 26-year-old man arrested in Hayle on suspicion of preparing for an act of terrorism has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Officers from the South East Counter Terrorism Unit (SECTU) working alongside officers from the Devon and Cornwall Police made the arrest at the Balti King restaurant in Fore Street in Hayle on Monday, 3 November.
Police say the investigation relates to conflicts overseas and is not linked to any immediate threat to local communities or anywhere else in the UK.
The man, who is not thought to be a British National, has been bailed until 3 February 2015
Police have been reassuring members of the public at a press conference after a man was arrested in Hayle on suspicion of preparing for an act of terrorism.
Superintendent Jim Pearce said there was no threat to the local community.
People and businesses near the restaurant in Hayle where a man has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism say they have been extremely worried by the news.
A 26-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of preparing for an act of terrorism.
Officers from Devon and Cornwall Police, along with members of the South East Counter Terrorism Unit, made the arrest at the Balti King restaurant in Fore Street in Hayle yesterday (Monday).
The man, who is not thought to be a British National, is being held at a police station in Cornwall.
It is understood that a 26-year-old man being held on suspicion of preparing for an act of terrorism is not a British national.
The arrest was made in Fore Street in Hayle last night by officers of South East Counter Terrorism Unit (SECTU), working alongside Devon and Cornwall Police officers.
The man is being held locally (in Cornwall).
ITV News West Country understands that the investigation mainly relates to use of the internet and there is no suggestion of anything along the lines of a bomb factory.
A police presence will remain in the Fore Street area to reassure residents.
A 26-year-old man has been arrested in Hayle on suspicion of preparing for an act of terrorism, under Section 5 of the Terrorism Act.
The man, who was arrested last night (Monday), is being questioned by officers from the South East Counter Terrorism Unit (SECTU) at a police station in the Devon and Cornwall area.
The arrest relates to an investigation by SECTU in relation to conflicts overseas and police say it is not linked to any immediate threat to local communities or anywhere in the UK.
A man has appeared in court in Exeter charged under the Terrorism Act.
It's claimed that an al-Qaeda training manual was found on the computer of 20-year-old John Roddy. A second man was also charged with two conspiracy offences to cause criminal damage.
Richard Lawrence reports:
Mahmood and Dart were both given extended sentences and will serve two-thirds of their prison terms rather than half, and will spend five years on licence.
Dart refused to stand when he was sentenced, saying: "I don't wish to stand up, I believe ruling and judging is only for Allah."
The judge said that they were all "committed fundamentalists" who would have been prepared to kill.
He told Dart and Mahmood:
Three British Islamic extremists including a white Muslim convert and a former police community support officer have been jailed for terrorism.
Richard Dart, Jahangir Alom and Imran Mahmood, were sentenced at the Old Bailey for engaging in conduct in preparation of acts of terrorism.
Dart was jailed for six years, Alom for four years and six months and Mahmood for nine years and nine months.
Mr Justice Simon told the trio they held "radical Islamist beliefs and have shown yourselves to be committed to acts of terrorism".
They admitted the offence between July 2010 and July last year at a previous hearing last month.