Firefighters battled for five hours to put out a fire in a seafront cafe in Torcross in Devon, which also spread to the guesthouse next door.
The alarm was raised at the Boat House cafe yesterday afternoon. Fire crews from across South Hams were brought in as well as the aerial ladder from Plymouth.
The first floor and roof were severely damaged by fire and smoke and water caused further damage at the restaurant, which was also affected in last week's storms.
Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service say they believe it was caused accidentally.