- West Country (W)
Fire crews were called to a blaze at sheltered accommodation for elderly people in Looe yesterday afternoon. Crews from across Cornwall attended the blaze in Barbican Road.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said the fire started in the launderette of the building which contains 11 flats. They managed to stop it spreading to the rest of the building. Residents were moved to safety and no-one was injured.
A fire investigation team confirmed the fire was started accidentally by dryers in a utility room.
The utility room was gutted by the fire and a next door recreation area was also damaged.
Text Santa is organising the Biggest Bag Pack Ever for 6 UK based charities. They will help and support someone near you this Christmas.
Parking charges in Torbay have been cut in a bit to encourage more shoppers to the area.
Thousands turn out for the Boscastle Festival.