A man has died in a fire that destroyed both his bungalow and his neighbours' home.
Fire investigators have spent the morning in St Breward near Bodmin sifting through the remains of both properties.
The dead man man is thought to have been in his fifties and lived alone.
The fire appears to have started in a chip pan. The couple who own the bungalow next door had only recently bought the property having moved from Kent. They are said to be distraught.
More top news
Two hospitals in the region currently have ward closures and restrictions in place due to an outbreak of Norovirus.
Ever wondered how votes reach the mainland from the Isles of Scilly? It's an epic journey, including a night in the cells!
Nearly 95% of houses on sale in the South West aren't affordable for families looking to buy their first home, new research has shown.