1. West Country (W)

St Ives gas death

An investigation is underway after a woman and three dogs were found dead in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in St Ives.

View all 5 updates ›

Guest house death: from our Cornwall correspondent

Neighbours have tonight paid tribute to a Cornish guest house owner who is believed to have died from poisonous gas fumes. Gill Adams and her three dogs were found dead on the ground floor of the house in St Ives.

She's been described as a loveable lady, who was at the heart of the community. The fire service is urging householders to fit alarms which can detect deadly gases. Our Cornwall correspondent Steve Hardy reports.

More top news

  • Inquest into Haytor tragedy

    Inquest into the death of a woman who jumped to her death on Dartmoor with her son on her back. Her other child lay dead at home.

  • Investigating Agatha

    Kylie Pentelow explores her love of Agatha Christie ahead of a series of reports looking at her life in South Devon.