The Environment Agency has put out flood alerts for some areas in the region. This is the lowest level of flood warning; it means flooding is possible, and residents should be prepared. The warnings are:
- Upper River Tamar: Bude, Helebridge, Bridgerule, Canworthy Water and Yeolmbridge
- Middle River Exe: from Exebridge to Tiverton and the Rivers Haddeo, Batherm and Lowman
- Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin area: the Rivers Caen, Bradiford Water and Yeo and coastal streams from Braunton to Combe Martin
- River Dart: Totnes, Ashburton, Buckfastleigh, Dartmouth, Torbay
- Rivers Clyst and Culm: Hemyock, Cullompton, Stoke Canon, Broadclyst, Clyst St Mary
Full details can be found the Environment Agency's flood warnings webpage.
More top news
A teenager has admitted carrying out cyber attacks on websites across the world including Devon and Cornwall Police and Seaworld.
John Norris from Plympton was killed whilst out cycling in Stoke Fleming in June.
The Devon MP said her party needed "a credible leader with statesmanship, negotiating skills & an eye for detail".