The Environment Agency has put out flood alerts for some areas in the region. This is the lowest level of flood warning; it means flooding is possible, and residents should be prepared. The warnings are:
- Upper River Tamar: Bude, Helebridge, Bridgerule, Canworthy Water and Yeolmbridge
- Middle River Exe: from Exebridge to Tiverton and the Rivers Haddeo, Batherm and Lowman
- Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin area: the Rivers Caen, Bradiford Water and Yeo and coastal streams from Braunton to Combe Martin
- River Dart: Totnes, Ashburton, Buckfastleigh, Dartmouth, Torbay
- Rivers Clyst and Culm: Hemyock, Cullompton, Stoke Canon, Broadclyst, Clyst St Mary
Full details can be found the Environment Agency's flood warnings webpage.
More top news
The RSPCA receives two calls every hour to animals struggling in the hot weather, it has said.
It's emerged a major project planned at Carlyon Bay in Cornwall is now on ice because of 'uncertainty' as a result of Brexit
A Somerset serviceman arrested on terrorism charges could be linked to the discovery of two major dissident republican arms dumps.