The Environment Agency has put out flood alerts for some areas in the region. This is the lowest level of flood warning; it means flooding is possible, and residents should be prepared. The warnings are:
- Upper River Tamar: Bude, Helebridge, Bridgerule, Canworthy Water and Yeolmbridge
- Middle River Exe: from Exebridge to Tiverton and the Rivers Haddeo, Batherm and Lowman
- Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin area: the Rivers Caen, Bradiford Water and Yeo and coastal streams from Braunton to Combe Martin
- River Dart: Totnes, Ashburton, Buckfastleigh, Dartmouth, Torbay
- Rivers Clyst and Culm: Hemyock, Cullompton, Stoke Canon, Broadclyst, Clyst St Mary
Full details can be found the Environment Agency's flood warnings webpage.
More top news
It's not just visitors at Exmoor Zoo who've been tucking into ice lollies and cool drinks in the heat - check out these charming pictures
A memorial is to be held for a man from Bodmin who was killed during the Tunisia massacre. His wife is recovering in hospital
Part of a Somerset street has been sealed off after the discovery of a large dip in the road. Engineers are investigating what caused it.