The Environment Agency has put out flood alerts for some areas in the region. This is the lowest level of flood warning; it means flooding is possible, and residents should be prepared. The warnings are:
- Upper River Tamar: Bude, Helebridge, Bridgerule, Canworthy Water and Yeolmbridge
- Middle River Exe: from Exebridge to Tiverton and the Rivers Haddeo, Batherm and Lowman
- Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin area: the Rivers Caen, Bradiford Water and Yeo and coastal streams from Braunton to Combe Martin
- River Dart: Totnes, Ashburton, Buckfastleigh, Dartmouth, Torbay
- Rivers Clyst and Culm: Hemyock, Cullompton, Stoke Canon, Broadclyst, Clyst St Mary
Full details can be found the Environment Agency's flood warnings webpage.
More top news
Expect scattered showers tonight. Tomorrow will be similar to today, except there'll be fewer showers. Sunny between the rain. Feeling fresh
Tomorrow will be very similar to today except there'll be fewer showers. It will be sunny between the rainy outbreaks. Feeling fresh.
Jailed Somerset fraudster James McCormick has been penalised for failing to forfeit cash and assets worth nearly £8m