1. West Country (W)

3 die from 'carbon monoxide'

A woman, her elderly parents and the family dog have died in a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning at a caravan park in Cornwall, say police.

View all 14 updates ›

Fire service warn of carbon monoxide dangers

Cornwall Fire Service is warning about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning after three people died at their caravan home in Camborne at the weekend.

John and Audrey Cook, their daughter Maureen and their pet dog, died within minutes - after inhaling fumes from a faulty heater.

Fire officers say having gas appliances checked every year and fitting a carbon monoxide alarm could save lives.

More top news

  • Inquest into Haytor tragedy

    Inquest into the death of a woman who jumped to her death on Dartmoor with her son on her back. Her other child lay dead at home.

  • Investigating Agatha

    Kylie Pentelow explores her love of Agatha Christie ahead of a series of reports looking at her life in South Devon.