- West Country (W)
Tributes have been paid to a family of three who all died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a caravan park.
It's thought they that John and Audrey Cook, their daughter Maureen and pet dog were killed by fumes from a faulty heater. Fire officers say having gas appliances checked every year and fitting an carbon monoxide alarm could save lives.
Everyone here is in total shock. You never think that something like this would happen on your own doorstep.
John, Audrey and Maureen were lovely people. It's so upsetting to think that three members of the same family have been wiped out in one go."
I saw Maureen and her mum on Thursday morning when they were walking their dog.
Maureen asked about my dog and her mum commented on the cold weather and then they went. That's the last time I saw them.
They were a lovely family who loved their dog and their home. The whole community is shocked and devastated."
More top news
The organisation that markets Cornwall has been hosting an international delegation in an effort to boost the number of foreign visitors.
Plymouth’s 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery fired a Celebratory Gun Salute known as a “Feu de Joie” upon the Lord Mayor of Plymouth
Two roads on the Somerset Levels which were flooded for months last winter floods are undergoing extensive repairs to prevent a repeat.