Police officers in Exeter, East and Mid Devon have been recognised for their selfless acts of bravery and diligent examples of professionalism in frontline policing.
Superintendent Chris Eastwood; said, “These awards recognise the excellent work that goes on across the policing area, both on the frontline and behind the scenes. Their bravery and professionalism help keep the communities of Exeter, East and Mid Devon safe.
"I am proud to command such a skilled and hard working team of officers”.
Commander Certificates awarded to:
- Police Sergeant Alan Barnsley - for outstanding local knowledge and police work- Detective Constable Louise Davies - for exceptional police work- Detective Constable Andrew Hingston - for dedication and commitment to Operation Thread
- Police Constable Owen Jones - for courage and professionalism- Police Constable Owen Jones - for resilience and professionalism- Police Community Support Officer Kevin MacLeod - for professionalism and tenacity in resolving ASB in the community
- Police Constable Robin Poole - for courage and professionalism- Police Constable Thomas Quick - for courage and professionalism- Police Sergeant Paul Roberts - for courage and professionalism
Devon Commander Commendations awarded to:
- Police Constable Mark Curnow - for saving a life in extremely dangerous circumstances- Police Constable Robert Dodd - for saving a life in extremely dangerous circumstances
- Police Constable Anthony Osborne - for saving a life in extremely dangerous circumstances
More top news
Two West Country brewers have merged creating a "force to be reckoned with". St Austell Brewery has bought Bath Ales.
People have gathered to remember the thousands of men lost on the first day of the Battle of the Somme.
Almost 20,000 hand-made shrouded figures have been laid out to mark the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme.