Salcombe in Devon has been named as the most expensive seaside town.
Property in the town - which sits in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - costs an average of £570,000. While Sandbanks in Dorset came in second with typical house prices topping £522,000.
Top 10 most expensive seaside towns and average house prices
- Salcombe, Devon - £570,378
- Sandbanks, Dorset - £522,242
- Aldeburgh, Suffolk - £408,700
- Padstow, Cornwall - £386,261
- St Mawes, Cornwall - £369,224
- Fowey, Cornwall - £342,577
- Lymington, Hampshire - £340,944
- Dartmouth, Devon - £355,956
- Wadebridge, Cornwall - £333,897
- Budleigh Salterton - £330,436
More top news
Overcast and windy tomorrow for the South West and it will stay like that for a few days yet. Alex Beresford has the forecast.
A wet start and overcast at times tomorrow and that weather is likely to dominate for the next few days. Alex Beresford has the forecast.
A man has been arrested for threatening Gina Miller, the woman behind the Brexit legal challenge, over the internet.