Salcombe in Devon has been named as the most expensive seaside town.
Property in the town - which sits in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - costs an average of £570,000. While Sandbanks in Dorset came in second with typical house prices topping £522,000.
Top 10 most expensive seaside towns and average house prices
- Salcombe, Devon - £570,378
- Sandbanks, Dorset - £522,242
- Aldeburgh, Suffolk - £408,700
- Padstow, Cornwall - £386,261
- St Mawes, Cornwall - £369,224
- Fowey, Cornwall - £342,577
- Lymington, Hampshire - £340,944
- Dartmouth, Devon - £355,956
- Wadebridge, Cornwall - £333,897
- Budleigh Salterton - £330,436
More top news
Hundreds of police jobs are at risk in the region as Dorset and Devon and Cornwall forces agree to pool resources.
Ofsted unveiled a damning report today which uncovered "serious and widespread failures" when it comes to looking after vulnerable children.
A ban on growing genetically modified crops is to be lifted next week. But opponents say it could threaten the future of organic farms.