Community health projects in the South West are receiving a share of more than £17 million from the Big Lottery Fund.
The money will be used to find the most effective ways of improving the health and quality of life of communities and people in need.
The projects in Cornwall and Devon to receive grants are:
- Independent Futures Hub - Plymouth
- Guinness Partnership Hub - Exeter
- Diabetes in Devon - Exeter and Tiverton
- Westbank Steps to Wellbeing - Exeter
- Pathways to Health and Wellbeing - Penwith
- Upstream Healthy Futures Programme - Devon
- Sustrans Cycling For Health - Cornwall
... our evidence suggests that very effective solutions can lie within communities themselves. It shows that interventions delivered by charities and organisations that understand the makeup of local communities, and will work with local people to deliver exactly what they need and in the way they need it, can have a very significant impact."
More top news
Find out which train services will be affected by the strike - and plan your bank holiday accordingly.
Bob Crampton warns that it will be showery and blustery over the next few days but the sunshine will still get a look in.
Bath centre Sam Burgess has made it into the England squad for the Rugby World Cup just ten months after switching codes.