Community health projects in the South West are receiving a share of more than £17 million from the Big Lottery Fund.
The money will be used to find the most effective ways of improving the health and quality of life of communities and people in need.
The projects in Cornwall and Devon to receive grants are:
- Independent Futures Hub - Plymouth
- Guinness Partnership Hub - Exeter
- Diabetes in Devon - Exeter and Tiverton
- Westbank Steps to Wellbeing - Exeter
- Pathways to Health and Wellbeing - Penwith
- Upstream Healthy Futures Programme - Devon
- Sustrans Cycling For Health - Cornwall
... our evidence suggests that very effective solutions can lie within communities themselves. It shows that interventions delivered by charities and organisations that understand the makeup of local communities, and will work with local people to deliver exactly what they need and in the way they need it, can have a very significant impact."
More top news
The Totnes MP says she's proud to have voted for a change to the EU withdrawal bill that allows MPs to have a meaningful vote on the deal.
Showers will continue through the night with sleet in some areas. Gales will affect the far west at times, especially in coastal areas.
Showers will continue through the night, with possible hail, especially over the hills. Light winds will affect the east of the region.