Community health projects in the South West are receiving a share of more than £17 million from the Big Lottery Fund.
The money will be used to find the most effective ways of improving the health and quality of life of communities and people in need.
The projects in Cornwall and Devon to receive grants are:
- Independent Futures Hub - Plymouth
- Guinness Partnership Hub - Exeter
- Diabetes in Devon - Exeter and Tiverton
- Westbank Steps to Wellbeing - Exeter
- Pathways to Health and Wellbeing - Penwith
- Upstream Healthy Futures Programme - Devon
- Sustrans Cycling For Health - Cornwall
... our evidence suggests that very effective solutions can lie within communities themselves. It shows that interventions delivered by charities and organisations that understand the makeup of local communities, and will work with local people to deliver exactly what they need and in the way they need it, can have a very significant impact."
More top news
Overcast and windy tomorrow for the South West and it will stay like that for a few days yet. Alex Beresford has the forecast.
A wet start and overcast at times tomorrow and that weather is likely to dominate for the next few days. Alex Beresford has the forecast.
A man has been arrested for threatening Gina Miller, the woman behind the Brexit legal challenge, over the internet.