Community health projects in the South West are receiving a share of more than £17 million from the Big Lottery Fund.
The money will be used to find the most effective ways of improving the health and quality of life of communities and people in need.
The projects in Cornwall and Devon to receive grants are:
- Independent Futures Hub - Plymouth
- Guinness Partnership Hub - Exeter
- Diabetes in Devon - Exeter and Tiverton
- Westbank Steps to Wellbeing - Exeter
- Pathways to Health and Wellbeing - Penwith
- Upstream Healthy Futures Programme - Devon
- Sustrans Cycling For Health - Cornwall
... our evidence suggests that very effective solutions can lie within communities themselves. It shows that interventions delivered by charities and organisations that understand the makeup of local communities, and will work with local people to deliver exactly what they need and in the way they need it, can have a very significant impact."
More top news
There are another six victims of the multiple murderer Christopher Halliwell. This is the claim of the former detective who caught him.
As more than ever are becoming anxious about their physical appearance, the Bishop Of Gloucester has been talking to teens about the issue.
Nearly 700 jobs could be created in Plymouth after business Sitel confirmed it will be moving its new workforce to the city.