Holidaymakers coming to the West Country this weekend are being warned to be carbon monoxide aware following the death of a young woman in North Devon last weekend.
At the Hidden Valley Camp site near Braunton staff make sure all visitors are aware of the correct way of using gas stoves and heaters.
Manager Richard Legg advises campers never to use gas appliances within tents.
Jo Russell, a holidaymaker from Bristol said:
"We've got our carbon monoxide alarm. There were a couple of deaths last year on camp sites so my dad suggested we got it. It's better to be safe than sorry."
More top news
A couple returned from their honeymoon only to discover someone had covered the interior of their house in Christmas wrapping paper
Researchers from the University of Bristol have discovered a dinosaur tail -complete with feathers - preserved in amber in Myanmar
The surplus produced from council parking operations in Cornwall and Bristol has risen to almost 18 million pounds in the last year