Advertisement

Fondue fire injures woman in Devon

The remains of the woman's burnt onesie. Credit: Newton Abbot Fire Station/Facebook

Fire crews rushed to the aid of a woman in Devon last night after her clothes caught fire while she was preparing a fondue. The woman had been using flammable liquid to warm the dish at her home in Kingsteignton when it went up in flames.

Crews from Newton Abbott fire station gave her first aid after cutting away burnt material from the onesie she was wearing. She was taken to hospital for treatment for burns.