Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway to return in 2014
ITV today announces the recommission of Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, confirming that the hugely popular series, from the twelve time National TV Award winners, is to return to screens in 2014.
Produced by ITV Studios, Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway is currently averaging an impressive 7.1 million so far this series; making it the show’s most watched series since 2005.
Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway exploded back onto screens this February with a host of huge scale stunts, hilarious sketches, and appearances from a whole host of A List stars.
Cameras have been turned on members of the public as the Geordie duo have sprung surprises on both the studio audience and viewers live around the UK, with plenty of amazing prizes on offer.
Countless celebrities, from Alan Carr, David Walliams, Ashley Roberts, Sharon Osborne to Sir Terry Wogan have been live in the studio each week; introducing or taking part in the show and the challenges.
There have been laugh out loud antics in I'm a Celebrity Get Out Of Me Ear with Emma Bunton, Aled Jones, and Louis Walsh talking into a banana.
The nation have fallen in love with a new Little Ant and Dec, who have interviewed a host of names including Mila Kunis and Simon Cowell.
Each episode has rounded off with a show-stopping End Of The Show Show, including Robbie Williams, the cast of Riverdance and the now legendary one time performance of Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble; which has subsequently rocketed up the charts.
Ant said, "We've been overwhelmed by the positive reaction to this series, especially after four years off air."
Dec added, "We've absolutely loved every minute of the shows this year and can't wait to get working on another series for next year. "
Peter Fincham, ITV’s Director of Television said,
"Ant and Dec are entertainers at the very top of their game and we couldn't be more proud to have them on ITV. The team have delivered a triumphant series and we look forward to bringing our audience more of their inimitable brand of fast paced, family entertainment next year."
Elaine Bedell, ITV’s Director of Entertainment and Comedy said,
"Takeaway has burst back into the schedule this year with some brilliant, original and inventive pieces. It is a great tribute to Ant and Dec, and to the team, that it feels so fresh - and its success has shown there is still very much an enduring audience appetite for high quality, prime time entertainment on Saturday nights."
Siobhan Greene, Director of Entertainment, ITV Studios said,
“Ant and Dec's talent is dazzling and as a production team we are all so proud to be part of a show that is entertaining the nation every Saturday night."
The recommission has been ordered by ITV’s Director of Television, Peter Fincham, and ITV’s Director of Entertainment and Comedy, Elaine Bedell.
Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway is executive produced by Siobhan Greene, Richard Cowles and Becca Walker. The Series Producer is Pete Ogden, the Senior Producer is Gemma Nightingale and the series is directed by Chris Power.