Mancini angered by club links

Roberto Mancini in his pre-match press conference. Photo: PA

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has reacted angrily to further questions about his link with Monaco.

Last week Mancini did not deny reports that he spoke to the Ligue 2 club last season and said he was "close to seven or eight teams".

That remark has been interpreted in different ways, with the manager having given no indication as to whether he was joking about the speculation or whether he really had spoken to several other clubs.

When asked for clarification at a press conference this morning, Mancini said: "I don't understand why you continue to ask me (about) last year, last month. This is finished.

"Why? Why, for which reason? Why do you continue to ask me, 'Last year you had a chance to go'?

"I stay here because my work is here. I worked for two years. I built with the chairman and the owner, this team. We won three trophies in two years. For 50 years we didn't win. Never."

Man City v Ajax is live on ITV1 and ITV.com on Tuesday 6th November from 7.30pm