Everton defender Sylvain Distin hopes the Football Association takes a consistent line on what he called "wrestling" by Stoke players at set-pieces as team-mate Marouane Fellaini braces himself for a ban.
Footage from the Premier League encounter at the Britannia Stadium is set to be examined closely by the FA, with the focus on several moments where Toffees midfielder Fellaini came together with Potters skipper Ryan Shawcross in the hosts' box.
In one incident - seemingly missed by referee Mark Halsey at the time - defender Shawcross was floored by an apparent headbutt from Fellaini, who appears likely to face retrospective action from the FA.
After the game, Everton manager David Moyes condemned his player's actions and said the club would accept any punishment that came their way, while Fellaini apologised to Shawcross, his team-mates and Toffees fans.
Although he said he had "no excuses", the Belgium international did make reference in his apology to "a lot of pushing and pulling going on inside the Stoke penalty area", adding that he did not feel he was getting any protection from the officials.
Distin compared Saturday's events to a penalty Fellaini gave away in the recent 1-1 draw at Manchester City - which Everton thought had been harshly awarded - to higlight what he sees as an inconsistency relating to incidents in the area.
Reflecting on the Stoke match, Distin told evertontv: "It's wrestling, it was tough.
"It was difficult to run through, they just catch you all the time and grab you.
"I think the ref could have a better look at it. But that is football and it's going to happen when you come to a place like Stoke.
"There is just no consistency. That is the problem as a player.
"Sometimes you get grabbed or blocked and it is not a penalty. Then you see what happened against City when the ref gave them a penalty, and you think 'there should be a penalty every week'.
"There is no consistency so it's a bit frustrating when it's not going your way."
The series of episodes involving Fellaini and Shawcross came after Kenwyne Jones' 52nd-minute headed equaliser for a Stoke side who were much improved in the second period from their first-half showing.
Everton, handed the lead in the 36th minute by Shawcross' own-goal, had shaded the contest up to the interval but had squandered some decent opportunities and Moyes was fairly damning in his assessment of team's performance.
The Scot, whose side remained in fourth place after the result, said: "I would probably say that, in my mind, it might have been the poorest we have played this year, although it tells a story that I am disappointed that I am coming to Stoke and drawing 1-1.
"I think if you are talking about how we played football and the style we played in, it was probably the least effective we have been this season."
Stoke boss Tony Pulis, whose team stayed in ninth spot, praised his players' efforts and expressed his delight for striker Jones, selected to start once again ahead of Peter Crouch.
Jones' goal was his first in the top flight since August 2011 and he nearly added another moments later, hitting the post.
Pulis said: "Kenwyne has done smashing. He has had to wait his time and it was a good goal.
"I thought after he scored his goal, the confidence really flowed through him and he caused them lots of trouble.
"He got tired towards the end, but he hasn't played many games and you are going to be like that.
"But it is lovely for him to have scored, I am very pleased for him.
"I'm pleased for the group as well - I thought their attitude in the second half was absolutely fantastic again."
The result means Stoke are unbeaten in seven matches, and have now gone 15 home league fixtures without defeat, stretching back to February.
Pulis said: "It is so vibrant here at the Britannia - the crowd get going and it is almost like a pulse that runs through the players.
"It is a special ground in lots of respects. When we need their help, they have always been there for us."