QPR boss Harry Redknapp says he has forgiven Jose Bosingwa following a mid-season bust-up that had exiled the defender for almost three months.
Redknapp picked Bosingwa for the first time since December 8 at the weekend, as QPR lost 2-0 to runaway Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester United.
The Champions League winner had been out of favour since before Christmas after he reportedly stormed out of Loftus Road following his axing for a home match with Fulham.
Bosingwa was fined two weeks' wages at the time and Redknapp continued to overlook the 30-year-old despite his side's struggles.
But in the wake of his return at the weekend, when Bosingwa was a starter, Redknapp confirmed he was now ready to move on as the Rs battle to beat the drop.
"Jose made a mistake, but it can't go on forever," Redknapp told www.qpr.co.uk. "The issue is resolved. He was fined and we've all moved on from it.
"He's trained hard and is showing the right attitude again.
"There's no question he can play. He's good on the ball."
Redknapp revealed he had been convinced of Bosingwa's contrition following the trip to Swansea a fortnight ago.
"I took him with us to Swansea a couple of weeks ago and didn't even put him on the bench," he said.
"I did that to test his attitude and he was fine."
Despite Bosingwa's return, QPR remained seven points adrift of safety as goals from Rafael and Ryan Giggs ensured they went a sixth league game without success.
While Aston Villa's defeat at Arsenal meant QPR did not lose any ground on 17th place, defender Christopher Samba admits their survival hopes are becoming more unlikely with 11 games remaining.
"There is a big challenge ahead of us," he said. "Other results were good to us, we are still the same number of points behind like we were before the game.
"I do think there was an improvement in our game on Saturday but we need to get going.
"Everybody has written us off. This will take the pressure off us because nobody expects us to do this.
"We are going to go into the next matches, do our thing and if we can avoid relegation, it will be the greatest achievement."
Following Saturday's defeat Redknapp admitted QPR's best hope of staying up rested with strike duo Loic Remy and Bobby Zamora.
Both have, however, struggled for fitness recently with Remy's only goal since his arrival last month coming inside 15 minutes of his debut at West Ham on January 19.
Since then QPR have scored once in four league games - a Zamora consolation in the 4-1 loss at Swansea - and Samba believes they must start to create more in attack.
"We tried to get going but I think we need to create more goal-scoring opportunities for ourselves. That was lacking at the weekend," said Samba, who saw a header cleared off the line by United defender Rafael in the first half.
"I came close, but close is not good enough. We have to hit the target a bit more.
"I know what I can bring to the team on free-kicks and corners but I wish we could create more from open play.
"We had few shots on target."