West Ham midfielder Matthew Taylor is making a good recovery after being knocked unconscious at Stoke on Saturday.
The 31-year-old was caught in the face by Peter Crouch's boot as the striker attempted an overhead kick while Taylor was aiming to head clear.
Taylor was treated quickly by medical staff on the pitch at the Britannia Stadium, and was able to travel back home with the West Ham club doctor before being assessed again after a period of rest.
"I am not too bad. My head is fine and I am feeling a lot better," Taylor told the club's official website, www.whufc.com
"It is the first time I have been knocked out in my career, or in my life for that matter, that I can recall.
"If it was going to happen anywhere, then on a football pitch is not a bad place because of all the medical staff being there.
"I don't have any recollection of heading the ball. My only memory I have is the ball going over my head [from the corner] and following my runner.
"I then remember waking up in their treatment room on the treatment table. I don't have any other memory.
"I don't remember walking off or anything, which was a bit scary."
Taylor added: "It was just one of those things and he clearly didn't mean to do it. There was no malice on his behalf.
"I know Crouchy and played for England Under-21s with him and he came to see me afterwards, but I'd already left for home with the doctor.
"There was no malice and you could see that, as soon as it happened, he held his hands up and was very apologetic so I don't hold any grudges. It's just one of those things."
Taylor will continue to be closely monitored before he can resume training and look to return to playing again.
"Seeing the incident again, I was very fortunate that I don't have any lasting head damage," he said.
"I feel fine and it is just a protocol to follow now to get back training.
"Obviously with no game this weekend, I can take my time and get fit to return to training next week, all things being well."
West Ham beat Stoke 1-0 with a goal from Jack Collison on the stroke of half-time, which gave Sam Allardyce's men some breathing space over the survival battle below.
Because this weekend's visit of Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester United has been postponed due to the FA Cup quarter-finals, the Irons will next be in action at Stamford Bridge on Sunday March 17.
Taylor said: "Stoke was a fantastic result for everybody and now we have a nice trip to Chelsea to look forward to.
"Let's hope we can be the first team this season to do the 'double' over Chelsea as that would be nice."
West Ham, meanwhile, were notified today of a legal fight by Leyton Orient to have the decision allowing the club to move into the Olympic Stadium struck out.
The npower League One side - which wants a ground-share at the Olympic Park venue which borders their current Brisbane Road home - have asked for permission for a judicial review of the bid process.
The London Legacy Development Corporation, which is tasked with sorting out the future of the £429million stadium, named West Ham as the number one choice to move Olympic Stadium in December.
Earlier this week, West Ham co-chairman David Gold had indicated the club were "close" to an agreement following positive discussions with the LLDC.
It remains to be seen how today's developments will impact those proposals, but it is understood West Ham are confident the bid process was robust.